Eligibility for NEB Programme, Grade XI
A. Students applying for the Science stream
Students should have successfully cleared the Secondary Education Examination (SEE) or equivalent examination. The minimum eligibility for students to apply for the Science programme is cumulative grade point average of 2 with C+ grade in Science and Mathematics and haven taken Optional Mathematics.
B. Students applying for the Management stream
Students should have successfully cleared the Secondary Education Examination (SEE) or equivalent examination. The minimum eligibility for students to apply for the Management programme is cumulative grade point average of 1.6 and D+ grade in the individual subjects.
For students from equivalent board examinations, the eligibility for Science is 60% and 50% for Management.
C. Admission Procedure
During the pre-admission process, students should fill up the online application form and visit the school for the entrance test to be conducted.
Documents to be submitted at the time of registration include:
- Copy of Mark sheet of SEE examination
- Birth certificate
- Two recent passport sized colored photographs
- Migration Certificate (for applicants other than those appearing SEE board)
- Certificates of awards, scholarship availed at School, if any
- After the duly filled in online-form and supporting documents are processed by the admissions office, the candidates have to appear for an entrance test which will be computer based. The entrance test will consist of a set of multiple-choice questions based on the curriculum of Grades 9 and 10 of the NEB, to evaluate the conceptual knowledge, aptitude and critical thinking of the applicant.
- The entrance test for the Science stream will include sections of Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology), Mathematics (Compulsory and Optional) and English and will be scheduled for a duration of 70 minutes.
- The entrance test for the Management stream will include sections of Mathematics (Compulsory) and English and will be scheduled for a duration of 60 minutes.
- The students, who are short-listed from the entrance test, require to appear for the oral examination/interview. The interview session will be conducted the same day, in about an hour's time following completion of the entrance test. It is mandatory for parents to accompany the student during the interview session to facilitate management-parent interaction as part of the selection process.
- The final selection of the students will follow the interview session.
- The selected students are presented with an offer letter for admission and scholarship, if the students' profile meets the requirements specified by the school. Admission must be completed within the stipulated deadline given, failing which, the seat will be offered to students on the waiting list.